Stuff I find to be interesting, funney and off the wall

Sunday, July 04, 2004

July 4th

This July 4th I had a pretty busy weekend, driving to San Diego, finding parking in Pacific Beach (PB) and then watching the fireworks in Ocean Beach (OB). In the afternoon in PB I met up with some old college friends and hung out at the beach most of the day.

Then later that night for the fireworks we all met up with sheldo down in OB for some fireworks. It was amazing timing on Alex's part, as he parked about 6 blocks away, but as we were driving into OB I gave his cell a call and he just happen to be walking by an open parking spot. So he stood there and saved it for us! Awesome! The next crazy thing was as we were walking down to the beach to watch the fireworks, I kept seeing people in their wetsuits running down to the beach with their surf boards. Since it was dark and almost 9pm I wasn't quite sure what was going on. Later as the first firework launched from the end of the pier and lit up the sky blue, I could make out that there were about 150 surfers all lined up at the end of the pier getting a close up view of the show. That's a freaking awesome idea, maybe next year I will bring my board too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home