Stuff I find to be interesting, funney and off the wall

Friday, September 24, 2004

Locked In

The morning started off rather normally. I got up showered, found all my gadgets ( cell phone, ipod, keys, wallet, and chap stick medicated ) to fill my pockets, and attempted to leave but we were locked in. Yep there was no way to get the front door open.

This kind of started last night went I went to take the trash out. See we have a kind of lock on our door like on a hotel room, where it is always locked ( metal tab sticks out ) but you can turn a knob and then its always unlocked. So I went to turn the knob so that it was to the unlocked position but the knob just kept spinning and not doing anything. I thought maybe it had become unscrewed or something so I turned it in the other direction, and then I realized that is wasn't attached to anything and came off in my hands. Doh I figured no big deal we will call the fix it guy tomorrow. What I did not realize that with out the knob on the inside, and the door in the locked position, we can't get out! I ended up getting my needle nose pliers and messing around with the lock and got the bolt to move enough to open the door. Just in time to as Colleen was about to climb out our window to open the front door with the key. The key sill worked alright from the outside for the most part, but we put a call into the landlord to get this fixed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home