Stuff I find to be interesting, funney and off the wall

Sunday, August 01, 2004

Metallica-who?

After a 23 mile bike ride with DVo, a group of us met downtown to see the new white castle movie. It was really funny, a good silly movie about 2 guys adventures trying to get to a burger joint. They have to Jewish friends that live across the hall that I thought were pretty funny. Anyways go see it you will like it. On the drive home Dave and I stopped off for some burgers at In & Out, very tasty.

After I dropped him off at home, I was listening to the radio, 92.9 Kjee , and they had a contest to be caller #9 and win Metallica's new CD, and be put into a drawing to be picked on Monday morning for a trip to Chicago to see them Live. Now I am not a huge fan, but I like some of their old stuff, and my girlfriend likes them as well, so I figured its almost midnight and why not I should call. The first ring was busy, and I gave it one more shot and BAM! I Get a:

"Hello?"
me: "Hi am I Caller 9?"
"Hey I ask the questions around here!"
blah.. blah radio talk

then he asks me questions about the band! AH! I don't know shit about Metallica except that the drummer name is Lars, from those silly Napster cartoons that were on the internet. So he ask me if I know who James Hetfield is. I give an "UH" and guess the lead singer, and he says you are right, but could tell I am not a crazy fan, and says a lot of people are going to be pissed at you! And I said yeah I know. Anyways he made me say AH HA or something that Hetfield says, and I got the CD, and have to wait till Monday to see if am picked! Fingers crossed it could be fun, but I should bone up on my Metallica info.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home