Stuff I find to be interesting, funney and off the wall

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Softball First

On Monday night the softball team Snot Rockets played our 4th game of the season. So far we are 1-2, and this was the game to bring us back up to 500. I did not get much action out in left field, but my excitement came from my three at bats.

First a long hit out to center field, usually I hit a nice short ball right in the gap for a base hit, but this one connected nicely and went farther right out to the center-fielder for a pop-fly out.

Not to encouraging, so for my second at bat I had decided to try for right field, but getting down in the count 2-1, I hit the next ball for a single over the short stops head. Sadly I would be tagged out as the next batter hit a line drive to the pitcher and I did not get back to first base in time, but it was close I think I made it! Silly blue making calls from home plate!

But finally at my third at bat I swung at a short pitch and was able to send it curving out to right field. The center-fielder tried to make a running catch for it but missed and bobbled the ball, allowing me to get a stand up tripple no problem. But as taking the word of my third-base coach telling me to take a few steps towards home, the other team made a wild throw to home plate giving me my First Home Run of the season, maybe ever. Ok well it was an in-the-park home run, but I still got 2 RBI's for that, and gave our team some breathing room to pull out the 15-9 win.

2004 SUMMER League: Monday Night Coed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home