Stuff I find to be interesting, funney and off the wall

Monday, February 28, 2005

Back in the sattle

On Saturday C and I did something we have not done in, wow almost 4 months. That's right we wiped off the dust, and pumped up are tires, and went out for a bike ride. The destination was the always exciting Santa Barbara Zoo. I think on the daunting reasons why I have not ridden my bikes as much as I used to is that we are now living downtown, and I don't think we are very close to any bike paths off on their own. Thus we threw ourselves into what I like to call Urban Biking or Biking the Urban Jungle. We road down de la vina like we were some San Francisco bike messengers taking up car lanes, using hand signals, tiring to make an unprotected left on to Haley street. It was quite and adventure and we did not get hit by any cars! Once we were to state street it was a breeze since there is a decent bike lane. On the way home we took state street and got up to Sola faster then the cars did will all the street light stops. That must make those pimped out cars just crusin' make their V8 feel jealous of my 18 speed bike :)

In the end my trusty bike computer said we went a total of 6.3 miles :) of course half of that was pretty much downhill ;P

Oh yeah the zoo was tons of fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home