Stuff I find to be interesting, funney and off the wall

Monday, March 28, 2005

MP3 Organizer!!

I have tons of mp3 laying around, and I have never been much for organizing them. You know getting the ID3 tag info, an consistently naming them. Now that I have inducted myself into the cool kids group with my iPod, I have been listening to lots of my old tracks, and meaning to fix the tag info, but really at the end of the day I am too lazy.

Enter MusicBrainz! So far this program has been nothing but stellar. All you do is point it to you mp3's, and it analyzes them and fills out all the tag data! Its like magic, the files its not sure on it puts them in the undecided tab, and you can pick from some listed choices to find the best match. So I did about 100 mp3 yesterday in not much time at all.

BIG WATCH OUT! When you go to push the magic button, that writes all your new found (hopefully correct) tag information, remember that the default setting is to not only write the tag data, but it will also rename the file. I suggest if you use iTunes to uncheck the options box that will rename the files. In my case now I have to remap all my songs to the new named ones.

Some tips I found just 1 day to late here and how to update your iTunes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Cezar Popescu said...

Very useful article. It seems to be related to a program that I am working on. It is called NeatMP3 and it is a mp3 organizer. The pre-alpha version can be downloaded from my website www.neatmp3.com and I would be very grateful if you could give it a try and give me some kind of feedback or suggestions. And if you have the time to write, or mention my humble initiative in one of your blog posts I will make sure to write on my blog about your website. The blog looks great by the way! Keep up the good work!

1:53 PM, May 09, 2013

 

Post a Comment

<< Home