Stuff I find to be interesting, funney and off the wall

Friday, April 22, 2005

Retro Gamin'

What is this? Attach of the 50" Space monsters?
No its my very own classic arcade system. Currently addicted to Q*bert, and Mrs. Pac-Man. Almost a year ago I got the crazy notion of building my own arcade controller. So I searched around on the internet and found a controller board a nice looking classic joystick at ultimarc, and a bunch of buttons off eBay. The controller I used is even USB, so its almost plug-in-play with any computer.

But at the time I only had my computer to play games on. Since then I had purchased my TV, which I was excited to see that it had 2 RGB inputs on it. Then again I did not have an easy way to hook up the TV to a computer as I only had a hefty PC tower, and it was upstairs, and the TV was downstairs, and I am lazy. Anyways I recently got a new to me laptop and was able to put all the pieces of the puzzle together!

Enter: Home Made USB controller -> Laptop -> HD TV!! Soooo much fun

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home