Stuff I find to be interesting, funney and off the wall

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Damn Fine Print!

Yesterday I was very excited to get my new wireless access point in the mail from Overstock.com, and be able to hook it up to my ReplayTv so I can view my recorded shows on the new big screen. Currently I have it all setup to my computer upstairs. So I took apart my configuration and had it all set up to the new TV. All that was left was to hook up the wireless bridge. Everything was looking good till I pulled out the power supply, Freaking European PLUG!! ARG! So I call overstock.com and they guy says they are out of them but I can just return it, and apparently it said at the every end of the description, includes German plug, US adaptor not included. So dirty!

Status: Going to return it.

Next I was talking to my co-workers and they convinced me to just get a converter tip from radio shack ($4 not bad), or see if any of my old power supplies were the same voltage. Well I did both and got the unit working! Yee Haw! Next step to get it configured.

Status: Keeping the sucker!

So while I am trying to get this thing configured I was getting pretty lost, and called upon David Vo to help, as he had one set up in his old place. So after a few configuration steps, he says now go under where it says bridging, bridging? What, there is no bridging... Oh you must have v1, and not v2, it only works in v2.. :( back to square one.

Status: Sent it back today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home