Stuff I find to be interesting, funney and off the wall

Monday, May 02, 2005

iPod Mind Reader

Crazy! It was literally the other day (Sunday) I was saying to Big Al that its funny how technology is causing people to be more anti-social, especially with the rapid trend of iPods.

I for one am an iPod owner, but I haven't yet taken that step beyond, where I find the need to be listening to music everywhere I go. Mainly I listen to my iPod at work to drown out the vast silence of my office. The thing that got me was walking around downtown seeing lots of white ear phones on the people passing by, seem to give off that vibe, "Do not bother me, I don't care, I am listening to my music". Take that vibe and place it in the scenario of say a high school, wouldn't you think that more kids tuning out the rest of the interaction with other kids, would leave more of them as "loners".

Anyways what made me think about this all over again is that I went to read the UCSB Daily Nexus, and blam! There was the same sort of article, but with a nice twist on it.

Check it out:
Don’t Talk to Me, I’m an iPod-aholic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home