Stuff I find to be interesting, funney and off the wall

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Working Hard on My Weekend

Who knew that building stuff was such hard work. So after I got all my speakers for my 5.1 system. I had the dilemma of where to put my center channel. I did not want to put it on the floor in front of my TV, and my TV was too skinny to place it on top. So after watching 1 to many do-it-yourself shows, I decided hey I could just build one myself. This entertainment center would be to my specs, so there would be room for my receiver, DVD player, center channel, cable box, playstation, and even some DVD's.

I took the existing design on my entertainment center, and made it wider and gave it bigger shelves to fit my stuff. Lucky I was able to convince Shane to help me out, and his work has a bunch of power tools to help. One important note to all you prepping for you next project, remember to account for the thickness of the wood! I did not but was able to make things work out, I hope. So after about $100 and 16 hours and 4 trips to home depot ( ok 2 of those where because each time we went there I managed to leave my drawings there. The first time it was lost but lucky I had entered them into my laptop on a layout program call cutlist. The Second time, We were at the self-checkout and I placed my notebook on the table, but apparently its a scale and was messing it up, so I placed it on top of the machine, and left it here on my way out. ARG!! ) I am almost done.




Next I have some more sanding to do, get some drawer handles, feet, and decide on what to paint it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home