Stuff I find to be interesting, funney and off the wall

Monday, August 15, 2005

Chirp..........Chirp............AH!

5:32 AM: Chirp
5:33 AM: *quite*
5:34 AM: Chirp
5:35 AM: *quite*
5:36 AM: Chirp
5:37 AM: AH!!! I was awake from the high pitch blasts. In my morning daze I tried to figure out where this sound was coming from. It didn't take me long to figure out it was the sound of a dying smoke detector I stumble down the dark stairs, and rip out the smoke detectors battery.

5:39 AM: Chirp!
5:40 AM: Ah crap its not coming from the downstairs one, we must have one upstairs as well. I climb up the dark stairs and rip out the battery from the upstairs one.
5:42 AM: Chirp! AH!! How can this be there is no batteries and its still beeping! Then after I waited a few more minutes the beeping did not come back. Phew! Now I just need to remember to buy a 9 volt battery, because nothing else uses them.

After the whole incident the only thing I could think of was how the heck all those callers on Love Line could live with their smoke detectors beeping, I mean its so loud and piercing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Creakhead said...

We should be good, I put a new battery in it last night. The strange think is when I twisted it to take it off the wall, it has wire running to it from the attic, like power lines. What the heck does it need batteries for then?

11:34 AM, August 17, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home