Stuff I find to be interesting, funney and off the wall

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Halloween 2005

Every year for Halloween I end up setting my ideas high, and then run out of time and throw together a pretty decent costume. Well this year I was dedicated. It started off with our work group, we always decorate our area, we decided to do a Nightmare before Christmas theme. Sweet I love this movie, so after a few discussions it was suggested that I be the Oogie Boogie Man. Awesome I figured that it would be a pretty easy outfit to make.

So the next day I went to our local fabric store and bougth 6 yards of a cream colored burlap and black thread. I think I spent about 20 hours over the next week making my costume. I also discovered how handy a Hot Glue Gun is. I have come to the conclusion that a hot glue gun is to arts and crafts what duct tape is to a handyman. :)

Thus my re-creation of the Oogie Boogie Man

Unfortunately I think about 80% of the people out on state street have never seen the movie, and they either thought I was a strange ghost, or worst a KKK member. That made me pretty sad. All my hard work and people thought I was some crazy racist. Some of them were pretty scary of how excited they were when they thought they saw a KKK member. Anyways at least 3 people knew who I was, and they were excited so that was cool. And at work most people were impressed, and I even scared a few when sneaking up on them.

Oh yeah and here is my pumpkin creation:



More Halloween Pics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home