Stuff I find to be interesting, funney and off the wall

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Walk don't Run

Maybe there is some truth to the old saying "Walk don't Run".

Well since my 5k triathlon relay in July, I really haven't been running that much. I think on average its about once a week. Today at lunch I ran with Chris on his favorite 3 mile run around sands. I finished in a decent time around 33 mins, and that was with some walking.

So anyways I find it interesting that when I think of a good way to exercise I think I should go running, but after reading today's Ask Yahoo! entitled Do I burn the same amount of calories walking as I do running? It looks like I might have had it all wrong, walking burns more fat, but I am sure there are benefits to running that they did not talk about like building mussel muscle and cardio vascular strength.

2 Comments:

Blogger sygyzy said...

I wish I could build tasty seafood by running.

I kid.

I didn't know that walking burns more fat. I did learn that, supposedly, an hour of biking burns 700 calories. That is supposed to be pretty good. I bet I burn less because I am not that fast. :(

3:36 PM, September 12, 2005

 
Blogger Creakhead said...

Ah I get it, that took me quite awhile to get, thus proving my dependency on spell check

4:31 PM, September 12, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home