Stuff I find to be interesting, funney and off the wall

Monday, November 21, 2005

New Addiction: Sudoku

So a few weeks ago I was visiting our local Borders, and while perusing the front tables of new books I noticed a full stand dedicated to Sudoku.  I have never heard of this, what is it? It looks like a game.  So I grabbed the Soduku book for dummies, and quickly learned that it is a puzzle game ( I love puzzles ). A tricky one with simple rules.

Fill in the grid so that every row,
every column, and every 3x3 box
contains the digits 1 through 9.

That seemed pretty easy. OK so I didn't really want to buy a book, so when I got home I went online, and found quite a few sites dedicated to Sudoku games.  So far my favorite is the USATODAY.com flash version.

It was not long till after I was pondering a few puzzles, that C got hooked ( sadly she is much quicker at solving them ). Then I got an IM and I told my friend Missy about them, and she got hooked.  Then I talked to another friend, and he said he was hooked as well.  Then I start seeing Sudoku everywhere, LA TIMES, NewsPress, in the lunch room... Its the new rage, and much easier then crossword puzzles, maybe that's way its spreading like wildfire.

So go get hooked, and let me know if you find some other great Soduku sites.
 

1 Comments:

Blogger sygyzy said...

Welcome to the fold.

1:54 PM, November 30, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home