Stuff I find to be interesting, funney and off the wall

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Office Cooler

On of the common things to talk about at work is TV shows.  You hear people commenting on them quite often. There are those that like the sitcom/drama's like ABC's LOST, and then there are those that like almost any reality TV show.  Thus I thought I would dedicate this post to all things TV.

First things first, let's get organized. I found this site called EvokeTV, they let you rank the TV shows you like, sport a nice TV grid, and will list new episodes for the week for you. There are tons more features like allowing you to show what shows you like watching on your site (I might add this later to my sidebar, watch for it).

Now on to some reality TV talk.  I enjoy watching the Amazing Race on NBC. I am not sure what my main draw to the show is, my guess is mostly the vast amount of traveling and tasks they have to complete, or as they call them Road Blocks. Anyways a coworker of mine showed me that the host Phil has his own blog he keeps during the show. It gives and interesting perspective to the race, check it out here.

Lastly a fun show that I stumbled upon a few months ago Cash Cab. It's a reality trivia game on Discovery Channel. The idea is people get into a cab and they are surprised to find out it's a game show. The contestants have to answer questions right (for money) till they get to their destination or after 3 wrong answers they have to stop the cab and exit where ever they are at.  I really like it because most of the questions I can answer which makes playing along lots of fun. There are also two "lifelines" they can use, they can stop and ask a person on the street for help or call a friend.  Its pretty random that today I was explaining this show to a friend, and then I find an AP article on the show. The article kind of demystifies some of the fun, but its still a great show. Oh and check out their website they have some sample questions on it just for fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home