Stuff I find to be interesting, funney and off the wall

Friday, June 09, 2006

iPod Healer


So last week my friend says to me, oh yeah my iPod died. What! Really! What happened? Story goes that she was just at the gym and all of a sudden the screen just faded off, and then the music kept playing for a few more minutes and then silence. It was dead. She tried charging it and nothing no response. So I mentioned that she should post something on a form and maybe someone could help her out. She wanted me to post, but I was waiting till I had it in my hands. That way if someone asks me to try something I can act right away and not play tech-support-tag.

Anyways it was given to me, to do as I will :-), in a nice bright pink case nonetheless! From what I found online it looked as my only option would be to disassembly Johnny Five. Since the G4 pod was out of warranty, her choices there were to send it in and if they found it was the battery (~$60), anything else (~$250, why? Just get a new one!) or it could make a nice paperweight. So after trying to reset, charge, smack around the iPod it was time to open up this sucker! I watched this video to get and idea on how to get the job done.

Realizing I didn't have the tools at work, I tried again when I got home. I ended up using some small eyeglass sized screwdrivers. Once I got the unit open I it was easy to disconnect the hard drive and battery. I let it sit disconnected for about 10 mins hoping that any memory/circuits would reset. And IT DID!!! After I hooked it all back up, VIOLA! iPod came back to lifeā€¦and I only caused some minor scars, and had to reset the time and date. Even all her songs and data stayed intact. Needless to say my friend is very happy to have a ticking iPod again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Wow you are like some mystical tech healer. I wouldn't tell too many people though as you will be getting more call in the middle of the night asking you to fix something.

1:24 PM, June 11, 2006

 
Blogger sygyzy said...

You just bought yourself a free subscription to the Tech Support For All Your Friends Club.

Don't worry, I am a lifetime member.

5:21 PM, June 14, 2006

 
Anonymous Viswa said...

Wow it looks amazing,i like apple products,thanks for sharing this nice article..

2:22 AM, June 22, 2016

 

Post a Comment

<< Home